Natural Knee Pain Care at ChiroMed Health Spa
When you suffer from knee pain, you may find yourself limping through your everyday life -- if you can get around at all. A variety of underlying problems can cause or aggravate acute or chronic knee pain. Fortunately, most of these problems do not actually require surgery. If you seek non-surgical answers to your knee pain issues, look no further than our chiropractor at ChiroMed Health Spa in Palmetto, FL.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
The knee joint consists of multiple structural components, from the cartilage and bursae that prevent internal friction to the muscles, tendons, and ligaments that permit normal joint motion. Damage to any of these structures can lead to debilitating knee pain. Common causes of knee pain include:
- Dislocated Knee - An impact to the knee joint can cause the joint to dislocate. You can also suffer a dislocated patella (kneecap) due to sports, auto, or another high-impact injury.
- Knee Bursitis - If the bursae of the knee become inflamed, these fluid-filled sacs can develop a painful condition known as bursitis.
- Locked Knee - A knee held immobile for a long time (such as leg recuperating inside a plaster cast) can become stiff and painful. This condition, locked knee, is more properly referred to as adhesive capsulitis.
- Osteoarthritis - Years of weight bearing can cause the cartilage in the knee joint to deteriorate until it can no longer protect the bone ends from painful friction, a condition called osteoarthritis. Obesity, intense activity, or an unbalanced musculoskeletal system can contribute to knee arthritis.
- Strains & Sprains - It is all too easy to strain the muscles or sprain the ligaments that help to support the knee joint. This damage may occur all at once, or gradually in connection with spinal or knee alignment problems.
- Tendinitis - Tendinitis is a form of strain that afflicts the tendons, bands of connective tissue that attach the muscles to the bones.
Non-Surgical Solutions From Our Chiropractor
Our chiropractor can discover the underlying cause of your knee pain by evaluating your symptoms, medical history, spinal alignment, X-ray images of the knee joint itself, and contributing factors such as weight and lifestyle. If we see an alignment issue, you may benefit from chiropractic adjustments to correct the positions of knee joint components. You may also need spinal adjustments to correct painful weight imbalances, massage therapy, ultrasound, exercises, nutritional counseling, and other non-surgical solutions.
Give Your Knees Some Much-Needed Help in Palmetto, FL
Your knees work hard on your behalf, so give them the help they need to stay comfortably functional. Call our Palmetto, FL office at 941-479-4999!